This July, Prishtina International Film Festival (PriFest) will organize the third edition of Green Film Project, which aims to raise awareness among the youth for the importance of the environment, focusing on the impact that society has on air quality throughout the year, as well as to increase activism regarding this issue.
Green Film Project is a competitive program, the central subject of which is environmental protection, with this year’s edition having a special focus on air quality.
PriFest invites you to take part in the third edition of Green Film Project, to present before the PriFest audience your take on the issue of air quality through creative ideas in the form of short documentary or fictional films.
As part of Green Film Project, you can present your perspective, knowledge and curiosity on the issue, manifested through documented or archived material, innovative and poetic ideas.
PriFest Director Vjosa Berisha was pleased with the fact that the project will continue with its third edition this year:
“It is very important to raise awareness among the youth and provide information to them about this issue. That is why the festival has initiated this project with great responsibility and satisfaction, considering that we have the opportunity and space to inform the public about the issue. The way we implemented it in the past was very suitable because through the spirit of competition, we stimulated the youth to engage and realize their ideas. We will continue to work in the same way in the upcoming edition.”
Information about eligibility:
- Participants must be over 16.
- There is no need to have prior experience or preparation in filmmaking. Having and idea and the will to produce a film will suffice.
- Films can be recorded with any kind of filming equipment: camera, smartphone, iPad etc.
- The duration of the film must be between 30 seconds and 3 minutes.
- Deadline for applying and uploading the films is July 1st.
- Films must be uploaded to the Green Film Project section of the PriFest website (www.prifest.org)
- Participants must also fill in an application form which they can access at the PriFest website (www.prifest.org)
- Additionally, participants can share a short (max. 10 seconds) promo of the film on Instagram, using the following hashtags in the description: #GreenFilmProject2019 #PriFest #MillenniumFoundationKS
- Only Kosovar citizens are eligible.
10 films will be selected to be screened at PriFest 11 in one of the festival nights. An international jury will select the best film of Green Film Project. The winning filmmaker will be awarded the Green Goddess Plaque, as well as a professional camera.
In previous editions, Green Film Project attracted a lot of attention among the youth, who learned more about environmental protection through film.
The 11th edition of PriFest will be held from July 16 to 21.
Friendship. Forever. PriFest.